March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Image result for saint patrick

You know I can't leave a sad post at the top of my blog for long.  So here's a bit of how we are celebrating St. Patrick today.  I didn't really go into this day with a plan...just winging it!
It is a name day after all so that makes this one a little more special.

I found this oxalis at the grocery store this morning and bought one to decorate the table.  My grandmother always had them for St. Pats.  I personally like the purple ones.  They're also known as a "false shamrock."
I went all out on decorations and stuck stuff on a door.  Awesome.  The shamrock craft I did with my kindergarten class last week at co-op and the printable can be found here.

 We make a semi-green cake complete with skittle shamrocks and rainbows.  And snakes of course.  (Oh St. Patrick, pray for me and my cake skills.....  haha!)

Elizabeth has graciously demonstrated some of her Irish dance technique for us while we listened to an Irish music radio station on itunes.

Image result for shamrock

Christ be with me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ in me
Christ beneath me
Christ above me
Christ on my right
Christ on my left
Christ where I lie
Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me
Salvation is of the Lord.

(from another part of St. Patrick's Breastplate)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment