May 12, 2015

Confirmed in Christ.

 
 
Nathan was Confirmed at the cathedral last Wednesday.  How is it that he grew up so fast?!  He's had to step out of his comfort zone a few times this past year as he prepared for his Confirmation.  We're really proud of him that he handled it all with grace!  And he's so handsome in that suit and tie! 
 
The procession in with the Knights of Columbus.  Nathan is next to the young lady in the pink skirt.  There were 5 parishes at the cathedral that night with our parish being the largest having 37 Confirmandi.
 

Being anointed by the Bishop.  We were way up in the balcony so we could actually see. 
 
(And, oh hey, thanks Cheerios for keeping those two little people in the pew for this part.  Even if Peter was still squirmy and made my picture blurry.  Still, thanks.)
That doesn't mean we actually sat through the entire Mass.  Just the important parts.  We did have to, you know, look cute on big steps.  That was a necessity.

Nathan with his Sponsor, who is also his Uncle Jay and his Godfather.  Triple bonus.

Photos with Bishop Binzer.  Bishop Binzer was so nice and made such an effort to talk to any Confirmand who came up for a picture.  He was very personable and it was such a treat to chat with him for a minute.
Nathan celebrated his Confirmation with Elizabeth and her 1st Communion.  He chose Michael for his Confirmation name after St. Michael the Archangel. 
Grandma also decorated Nathan's cake and it turned out beautiful.  It was also right up his alley--chocolate cake with chocolate icing.



 Congratulations, Nathan on your Confirmation!  We are so proud of you and may the Holy Spirit burn in your heart and give you strength to defend His Holy Church.

Breathe into me, Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Move in me, Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy.
Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy.
Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.
~St. Augustine








No comments:

Post a Comment