May 5, 2015

First Communion.

Elizabeth celebrated her First Communion this past Sunday.  The weather turned out absolutely perfect which just magnifies the beauty of the occasion.  She was a wee bit nervous and a whole lot of excited.
 At about noon on Sunday, I realized that I was not fully prepared to ready a girl for her First Communion.  You know, versus a boy which entails entirely of washing their face and putting on a suit.  Even though the curls didn't stay and other details were not quite right, Elizabeth didn't even notice.  She felt beautiful in the simplicity of her white gown and she was just thrilled that the big day was finally here!
 Our parish includes a part where they light baptismal candles to signify the link between Baptism and Holy Communion (and then later, Confirmation).  Two of the very few pictures we took during Mass.
 Afterwards, with our priest Father Kemper.


 Then, of course, all of the obligatory pictures with Grandparents and Mom and Dad.  :)
 Grandma decorates the cake so that is always a treasured memory.  We all want to take a class from Grandma on how to make such pretty roses and sweet peas.
 Then there was party fun with sisters (and brothers and cousins and aunts and uncles!).  Super girls to the rescue!
Finally, opening presents outside with family gathered around to see all the beautiful remembrances of her First Holy Communion.  We couldn't have asked for a better day all around!  Congratulations, Elizabeth in meeting Jesus in the Holy Eucharist!  We are proud of you!
 
 
Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me;
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee;
From the malignant enemy defend me,
In the hour of my death call me,
And bid me come to Thee,
That with Thy Saints I may praise Thee for ever and ever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment