October 1, 2015

31 Days: A beginning.


I would hardly call myself a writer.  I jumped on the Write 31 Days bandwagon, and eek! What was I thinking?

I was thinking that I have a lot of thoughts.  That I never write down.

Especially, thoughts for my kids.  Do you lay in bed at night and think about all the things you want your kids to grow up just knowing?  Really, really knowing.  Way down in their soul knowing?

Like how much they are loved.  How much God loves them.

How special they each are, even in this BIG. MESSY. family.  That they each have God-given talents and gifts and things that are just THEM.  Unique in all the ways and it is very wonderfully good.

Those things.  Those things that don't get talked about often enough.  Those things that maybe they don't hear you when you say them because life is hard.  Because they're too little.  Because they're too teen and have a hard time accepting that you mean what you say.  Because.

I know that I often felt very unloved as a child.  For a whole slew of reasons.  Sometimes, I look back and wonder, did my mother tell me these things and I don't remember? Maybe I didn't believe her? Maybe I couldn't hear because I was too hurt inside?

I don't want my kids to feel that.  I want them to be able to read the words over and over.  In the times when that voice whispers, "that isn't true" or "you aren't loved" or "your God can't love you now."

I honestly don't know that I can keep up for 31 days.  Can I even have 31 things to say??  I don't know! I'm going to give it a go though.  At the very least, there will be evidence that I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment