February 27, 2016

Lent.

Keeping our traditions simple this Lent.  

We are doing the Good Deed Jar again.  I'm always surprised at how such a simple activity can invigorate the kids to think of kind things to do for one another.  My current favorite is that Nicholas sneaks up to make my bed, so sweet!

There isn't much decorating to be done for Lent, usually it is more about the un-decorating.  I can't bear to have one mantle bare (haha!) so... something simple and hopefully reflectful for one side.

I remade our Stations of the Cross for the other side.  I found the prayer candles at the Dollar Tree and just decoupaged on the stations.  I can't say that they are particularly well done but hopefully, they'll last for our family devotions for a few more years.  You can see the old version here.






No comments:

Post a Comment