February 9, 2016

Third birthday!

Aka...my baby is not a baby anymore!  (Insert all the crying eye emojis here.)

I snapped this pic on her party day and I had an instant "flash forward" to Senior pictures 15 years from now.  I saw her in blue jeans, cowgirl boots, flowing tresses and that same smile.  It will be here before I know it!  (Hopefully minus the boo-boo on the chin.)

 There is something about Carrie's birthday that everyone just gets into it.  I think it is combination "we love her so much" and "its February and we should celebrate!"  Caroline's favorite character of all time is Elsa.  We decided to have a "Frozen" birthday party for her.  The kids spent a week making snowflakes in secret in the basement.  We spent the Friday night before her birthday making more and hanging them (and enlisting the kids' friends for help).
 The photos just don't do it justice.
We hung snowflakes through the dining area and family room.  I never took a photo from the kitchen (though they are still up so I'll have to try and do that) but it is pretty awesome to walk through.
 Not the best photo, but awe and wonder were her response!  (I was hoping that she loved them and that she didn't panic!  You just never know with three year olds!)

Then it was on to the actual party...
 I love how the boys crowd around that little table just to sit with her.  She loves it too!  We had homemade skyline which is her favorite.
 We also played pin-the-crown-on-the princess, hilarious considering that other than Carrie and Elizabeth ....all the kids were boys!
This was the best photo I got.  Seriously.  She really didn't want to take a picture with her cake and all the ones with candles are blurry.
But, I think she liked it even though she didn't eat any.  She does not like sweets.  She prefers pretzels and goldfish over cake and ice cream!
I made the big snowflakes with candy melts (including the one Elsa is holding) and the little snowflakes are sprinkles.  The napkins I found on clearance at Kroger.  It was sort of a funny contrast to have a "Frozen" birthday party in February when the temperatures were in the 50s and everyone was outside playing!

Happy birthday, Caroline!  We all love you and are thankful for the joy you bring to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment