March 11, 2016

This Week in Pictures.


Most weeks these days, I feel like they are doozies.  I get to Friday and...crash!

This week was wooo-weeee doozy material.  But it was fun!  Fun doozy!  And I'm still not recovered.

Last Friday, we headed down to Chattanooga for the Deep Freeze Ultimate Tournament.  The name cracks me up--it may still be freezing at home but Chattanooga is decidedly beautiful.  I might move.  The four oldest kids went and we all came home full of Vitamin D, and maybe a little too pink.  Rivers and overflowing waters meant fun was to be found everywhere.  (But, also.  Mud.)  Combine mud + water + cousins= the best time ever!  Even though our team, Revolution, didn't do so well the second day we had a great time.  I do love the Ultimate community and especially our team.  The weekend was worth the 7 hour drive each way.

(But, oh, was I tired when we got home! ha!)










We came home on Sunday to our second litter of bunnies.  The first had been born before we left with much anticipation.  Both litters were several days past when we were expecting them so there was a collective sigh of relief!  The cuteness never gets old.


Monday morning, Ken jetted off for a business trip to Atlanta and we....drove to the zoo with Nana.  It had been awhile since we'd done something fun with just Nana and I'm glad we perservered despite our overall exhaustion.  We had a good laugh over the possessive Lion and the antics of the painted dogs.  Peter has been insisting for several weeks now that he had NEVER seen a manatee.  So we rectified that with a picture to prove it.  Though, I will say that he was slightly disappointed that they were... not exciting.  I mean, they just kinda hang out on the bottom of the tank.  Nicholas insisted on photos of the alligator eating him, and I tried to convince him that he shouldn't look so happy about it.  Though, I have the feeling that he finds the idea of wrestling with an alligator rather exciting.  Alligators everywhere should be on the look out.  We wrapped up the day with some terrible group photos (but, hey, I'm in one...) and then went out for pizza.







Wednesday (yes, Ken got home and then left for the evening... haha) the guys went to the Aronoff for a showing of the Newsies.  They came home with nothing but accolades which says a lot.  They really enjoyed their first professional production.  I promise they were a little more dressed up than just their fleeces.


 The rest of the week was filled with errands and trying to recover (not successful on that last one!).  So lets end with the crazy-eyed puppy photo.  This photo reminded me of our crazy week LAST week and gosh, no wonder I'm tired.  Despite the fact that this puppy is like having a newborn that doesn't wear diapers.  Whew.  She's cute though and I think (I hope) that someday she will be a great dog.  I also hope my house doesn't come out too much the worse for wear.







No comments:

Post a Comment